Chris Felix (1968- )
An Artist who specializes in Fine Art Acrylic Sports Paintings. A graduate of Elder High School and the College of Art Advertising in Cincinnati, Felix first received recognition for his art as a sixth grader at St. William School when his pencil sketch of Johnny Bench won him a Cincinnati Reds autographed baseball in a local department store's "Draw Your Favorite Reds Player" contest. Chris's Art career has included being a Graphic Designer, a Scenery Painter for major amusement parks and Toy Prototype Painter for Hasbro and Warner Brothers to name a few.
Felix hopes as an artist to create images that not only excite the eye but create a thought or feeling of passion inside the viewer as well.
**** Accepts Commissions and has Originals and Prints for Sale. PLEASE SEE IMAGES FOR AVAILABILITY AND PRICING.
( prices do not include shipping )
**** Want something shipped already framed ??? Please inquire for price.
**** PAYPAL is Accepted.
-April 2010...Please see new web site (www.chrisfelixfineart.com)...options to see some of the work magnified! Plus more...
-Thank You! To all of you who were able to come to the Baseball Art Show Opening "Bringing It Home" on April 2nd at The 5th Street Gallery...The night was beautiful and the gallery was really crowded for a good three hours! Please stop by the Gallery (in the heart of downtown Cincinnati at 5th and Race, on the corner at street level) thru May 3rd to see the work.
- November 2009, Invited to be a featured guest artist for the month of April 2010 at the 5th Street Gallery (Hilton Netherland Plaza) in downtown Cincinnati. More info to come...
- September 2009, Commissioned by Topps Baseball Cards to do 10 paintings for 2010 Card Set!...Original 6 x 8" acrylic on canvas paintings are currently being painted to be a part of the 2010 ALL PAINTED National Chicle Baseball Card Set. Stay tuned for promo and set release dates...
- July 31st I have been invited by the great Larry Womack in studio 309 at The Pendleton Art Center in Cincinnati to show some work at Final Friday Art Walk.Thank you Larry! for the great evening and to those who were able to make it to the show.
- May 29th Wine Tasting Event around new Golf paintings and other art at Ivy Hills Country Club.Thanks to all who could attend and ADC for organizing the event!
- "Warning Track" and "Great Baseball Ambassador,Man in the Green Suit" have been selected for the May 5 thru June 20th Annual Art of Baseball Exhibition at the George Krevsky Gallery in San Fransisco! Preview on Krevsky web site...
- Recently Accepted as the " Featured Artist " with ADC (Art Design Consultants) for the March 27 Final Friday Studio Walk at the Pendleton Art Center in Downtown Cincinnati. Thanks to all of you who were able to make it! An Ivy Hills Country Club, wine tasting event centered around my work is next in line with ADC.
- A painting of Lefty O'Doul "The Man in The Green Suit" has recently been completed! He played in the 20's and 30's with the Yankees, Red Sox and Giants to name a few. Few know that Lefty O'Doul has the fourth highest lifetime batting average of all time (.349 over 11 seasons)!! After his playing career,he became a coach famous for bringing up DiMaggio and taking teams to Japan for games as well as teaching the Japanese the fundamentals of the game. He is in the Japanese Baseball Hall of Fame and considered by many as the "Father of Japanese Baseball".He was truely a GREAT Ambassador for the game of baseball and is in line to be inducted in the National Baseball Hall of Fame by recieving the "Buck" O'Niel Award! Google Sparkletack O'Doul for more information on Lefty.
- Recent completed works with Woodcutting Artist ,Benjamin Blackburn( http:wonderboystudios.com.) Include: Stan Musial " The Pope of St. Louis" and "Koufax".
A Walter Johnson piece is next in line in 2009. Moe Berg, Jackie Robinson, Mickey Mantle, Mighty Casey, Sandy Koufax, and Stan Musial are the beginning of more collaborations to come. " Benjamin uses his incredible talents to painstakingly create highly detailed images from a block of wood! His passion and generosity shine through his art and create timeless works". Recently Ben has has carved several "Heisman Trophy like" statues! These pieces are incredible! Please see his web site for more information about his work.
- A new painting of Harry and George Wright from the 1869 Redstockings is available in Limited Edition Giclee Prints! Harry Wright was the player manager of the 1869-1870 Cincinnati Redstockings, whose claim to fame was hiring all professional players to play on his team, creating the 1st all- professional baseball team! Many teams carried some professional players but never in the history of the game, did a club consist totally of professional players. George Wright was the younger brother of Harry and the star shortstop for the 1869 Redstockings. George was known to put on Juggling exhibitions before games.The Redstockings home field was at Union Grounds. Home plate was located in the vacinity of the fountain in front of historic Museum Center at Cincinnati Union Terminal on the west side of downtown Cincinnati.The main grandstand at Union Grounds was nicknamed the "Grand Duchess".
- Signed 16x20" Limited Edition (500) Giclee prints are available. Also 25 total 16x20" and 20x24" signed Limited Edition Artist Proofs are available.
- A second 1869 Redstockings painting is completed."Wright's Turn" 24 x 30" acrylic on canvas. Giclee prints available
- Professional Experience Includes:
5th Street Gallery
April 2010 "Bringing it Home" Featured Artist
George Krevsky Gallery 2009 Art of Baseball Exhibition
Pendleton Art Center ADC Featured Artist
National Art Museum of Sport Permanent Collection
National Art Museum of Sport 2008-2009 James Fiorentino and Friends Exhibit
Images Gallery the Art of Sport
Cincinnati Museum Center
Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum
Fabulous Frames and Art
Cleveland County Arts Council 2008 Baseball as Art Exhibition
Green Diamond Gallery Permanent Collection
National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame and Museum 2008 Big Apple Baseball Show
Appleton Art Center 2008 Baseball Show
Junior Diabetes Research Foundation Fundraising Auction
Benjamin Blackburn, Renowned Woodcutting Artist 2007-2008 Collaborations
Mike Shannon, Renowned Author and Editor–in-Chief of Spitball Magazine 2006-2007
Traveling Art Exhibition 24@75 and Book, Willie Mays Art in the Outfield
- Giclee' Prints are recognized by the art world as the most superior of print formats. When displayed under glass and out of direct sunlight, they will last for a lifetime and longer.
contact info: by e-mail at email@example.com, by calling (513) 467-1251 or (513) 310-2384.
Topps Promo "Dustin Pedroia" - acrylic on canvas - 8 x 6" - $no images for sale
Login to add comment
I have to say that Chris Felix is one of my favorite artists here at the artist sites! That could be mainly because of the fact that I love fine arts and he being specialized in fine arts pretty much sums up why I like his paintings. Almost all paintings of Chris Felix are realistic and beautiful and his passion for baseball could be very well seen here. My favorite in this list is the “Sandberg hits!” headphones
you are very good with acrylics love all your works.
Recommended Art & Photography Resources:
Art Calls, Contests, Competitions | Discount Art & Photography Books | Photography Calls, Contests, Competitions
|All Images © 2019 Chris
Felix - powered by